Sunday, April 11, 2010

Unthink


Pictured above is the Double Down, KFC's new sandwich. It consists of two deep-fried chicken breasts, cheese, two bacon strips and sauce. That's right. A breadless sandwich.

I know this sounds like a joke (I honestly thought it was when Saturday Night Live mentioned it last night), but I swear to God, it's true. Here's an article in which a Kentucky Fried Chicken marketing executive touts this bunless wonder as "legendary."

So how do you get people to eat something that's so obviously bad for them? You make a commercial that tells you to "unthink." I'm not making this up. Check out the ad. The unspoken message is pretty clear. Yea, this thing is a coronary train wreck. You know it. I know it. But you need to "unthink."

Maybe for the next commercial they could have James Brown singing from the grave only change the lyrics to "Say it loud! I'm ignorant and I'm proud!"

YEAAA!

But what to do with all those extra buns? Donate them to the homeless, according to the KFC press release. So next time you see a homeless person with matted hair and a 1970s snorkel coat chewing on a soft fast food bun, thank KFC. And thank you for choosing the Double Down.

Double down is the perfect name for this monstrosity. That's precisely what Kentucky Fried Chicken is doing, doubling down on obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Let them eat dreck.

1 comment:

  1. That? Is disgusting. I don't know whether KFC is seriously attempting to pander to the low carb crowd but that is at least 1000 calories without a bun.

    ReplyDelete